New 192kHz Sample Rate Converter for Sonifex Premiering at IBC 2007
28 June 2007
On IBC stand number 8.561, Sonifex are showing for the first time the RB-SC2 dual sample rate converter. The RB-SC2 is a 1U rack-mount which produces AES/EBU, S/PDIF and TOSlink optical level digital audio outputs from a balanced AES/EBU, S/PDIF and TOSlink optical level digital audio inputs. The sample rate of the outputs can be set by an internal clock or from various external synchronizer sources. The RB-SC2 is a high performance, enhanced version of the existing Sonifex RB-SC1 providing the following additional features:
- It supports higher sample frequency rates up to and including 176.4kHz and 192kHz.
- It has 2 independent sample rate converter circuits that use a common clock source to set the output sample rate.
- It has 2 optional video synchronising boards. These set the output sample rate to 48kHz that is synchronised to either an analogue video signal or SDI digital video signal (HD or SD).
- A special X-Lock mode allows the unit to function as a full bi-directional sample rate converter with the output of sample rate converter 1 syncing the input of sample rate converter 2 and vice versa so that they follow each other. The application for the X-Lock mode is so that the RB-SC2 can be inserted between 2 digital devices which run at different sample rates, such as a PC recorder and a digital player. Using the RB-SC2 in X-Lock mode ensures that the 2 devices remain synchronised at all times regardless of the sample rate of the 2 devices.
- It has TOSlink optical digital audio inputs and outputs.
- It has front panel push-button switches for all the main settings with LED indicators.
- A serial RS232 port is included so that the RB-SC2 settings can be controlled remotely. The front panel LED indicators alter automatically when using RS232 commands.
For the digital outputs, there are three push-button switches to select the sample frequency, channel status bit type and sync source and mode of operation. The frequency button allows selection of the master sample frequency from one of 32kHz, 44.1kHz, 48kHz, 88.2kHz, 96kHz, 176.4kHz or 192kHz. Additionally, the content of the channel status bits embedded within the digital audio stream can also be defined and can be forced to either ‘professional mode’, ‘consumer mode’ or to follow the mode of the input.
This new product will be displayed with the full range of Redbox digital audio converters, word-clock, audio and headphone distribution amplifiers, microphone amplifiers, matching amplifiers, mixers, source select units, silence detect unit, limiters, a power controller and stereo to mono converters.
For images click here >
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
UK and other export enquiries :
contact Eamonn Heffernan of Sonifex Ltd, tel : +44 1933 650 700 fax : +44 1933 650 726
email : email@example.com